– Active front-loaded subwoofer system
– 1 x 18″ DAS 18FW loudspeaker
– Class D amplifier 2000 Wpeak
– Digital signal processing (DSP)
– Unique “Deep-Loud” bass EQ switch
– Variable low-pass filter 80 Hz-125 Hz
– LED ON/OFF switch on backplate
– Top located pole mount socket
The Vantec-118A is an active front loaded bass system which has been designed specifically for use with the Vantec-20A curved source line array. Compact in size, the unit can be flown in arrays or linked together in ground stacks thanks to the D.A.S. Click-Lock™ rigging system which is compatible with the Vantec-20A.
The electronics package includes a 2000 Wpeak Class D amplifier and 24-bit high-end DSP for exceptional audio reproduction. A unique “Deep-Loud” EQ switch allows users to tailor the bass output to provide a low subwoofer type response using the “Deep” setting or a louder hard hitting performance in the “Loud” setting. On the rear panel, controls can be found for gain, polarity and a continually variable low-pass filter which ranges from 80 Hz to 125 Hz. The Vantec-118A is phase response coherent with the other Vantec Series active tops such as the Vantec-20A offering precise alignment without the need of an external DSP.